Construction of FRP Y Strainers
FRP (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic) Y Strainers
Sure Flow FRP Y type strainers are available in sizes 2 ” and up. The design of the FRP Y Strainer allows for in-line piping in either a vertical or a horizontal orientation. All Y strainers feature a cleanout valve. This eliminates the need for removing the screen when performing routine cleaning.
Sure Flow manufactures FRP Y Strainers to standards that exceed industry standards. These strainers are made for critical applications where high flow rates and high loading potential exists, while low pressure drops are desired.
The lamination construction of FRP Strainers combines the chemical resistance of the particular liner material (thermoplastic) and the structural strength of fiberglass. Sure Flow Y Strainers are also offered in all-FRP construction. Resins can be used for high temperature and abrasive applications
• EPDM lid gasket is standard, but Viton and Teflon are also options.
• Flanged lid with stainless bolts, nuts and washers are standard. T-Handle Design for easy lid removal is an option.
• Screens are 1/4” perforated- made from same material as the strainer (FRP Ys have PVDF Screens). Other perfs/materials are available.
• Pipe connections are Flanges. Threaded, socket, groove latch and couplings are also available.
• Flanged or threaded blowdown ports are provided.
• Custom dimensions and designs are readily available.
As with all Sure Flow strainers, the FRP Y Strainer is engineered to offer the lowest practical pressure drop. Pressure drop through the strainers is determined by several factors. These are line size, flow rate, specific gravity, viscosity and percent of open area of the screen. To minimize the pressure drop, the screen open area is at least 4 times the cross sectional area of the inlet pipe. (Through clean screens only).