Valve Seating Torques and Technical Information Butterfly Valves
• Torque values are only available for ASME Class 125 working pressure designed Butterfly Valves for sizes from 2″ to 24″.
• All torque values shown on chart are for “wet” (water and other non-lubricating medium) on-off service.
– For “dry” service (non-lubricating, dry gas media), multiply values by 1.6.
– For “lubricating medium” service (clean, non-abrasive lubricating media), multiply values by 0.85.
– When sizing actuators for single Valve applications, multiply values by 1.25.
– When sizing for 3-way (“tee”) applications, multiply values by 1.5.
• Under certain conditions, hydrodynamic torque can meet or exceed seating and unseating torques. When designing valve systems, hydrodynamic torque must be considered to help ensure correct selection of application.
• Manufacturer reserves the right to modify dimensions, materials, or design. Consult factory for certification.